OHSAS 18001:2007: Foundation and its Implementation
Bali|March 17-19, 2010 | 917,-/ Person
The successful delegate will understand the OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements, its underlying philosophy and principles, and concepts.
The course examines this series by opening with a discussion about OH&S Management Systems. This is followed by discussions on:
- Benefits to organizations using OHSAS 18001:2007,
- OH&S Management System Model,
- OHSAS 18001:2007 – Purpose and Structure,
- OHSAS 18001:2007 components.
Persons who should attend this course include:
- Those responsible for managing their current OH&S Management Systems,
- Individuals designing and implementing new OH&S Management Systems,
- Persons who may be training others in the disciplines of OHSAS 18001:2007.
Organizations throughout the world are increasingly concerned about achieving and demonstrating sound occupational health and safety performance in the international community. These organizations look to demonstrate their performance by committing to sound OH&S policies and performance programmes.
The OHSAS 18000 Series includes both OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – OHSMS) and OHSAS 18002:2000 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Guidelines for the implementation of OHSAS 18001). Combined, their active use through implementation and effective management helps the organization to assure itself of its conformance with its stated OH&S Policy.
OHSAS 18001:2007 has been set up to work in conjunction of an already existing and functioning documented management system, in particular the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Standards. This provides a natural means for full integration with existing management systems.
The basic premise for the OH&S series is that every organization requires effective managing of its OH&S risks and to improve its performance over these identified risks. The principle benefit and argument for an organization establishing an effective OH&S management system is that its existence and active use helps the organization in controlling, eliminating or minimizing OH&S risks to its employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to similar risks.
OHSAS 18001:2007 is for any organization that wishes to:
- Implement, maintain and improve an OH&S Management System,
- Assure itself of the conformance with its stated OH&S policy,
- Demonstrate its conformance to others,
- Seek certification / registration of its OH&S Management System by an external organization,
This course examines these issues, identifies areas OH&S Management Systems must review to ensure conformance, and assists OH&S Management Systems during their development.
- Session 1 : Transition of Oshas 18001:207
- Session 2 : Awareness to Oshas 18001: 2007
- Session 3 : OH&S Policy
- Workshop 1 OH&S Policy
- Workshop 2 Standard interpretation
Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Determining Controls
- Workshop 3 Hazard identification
- Workshop 4 Risk assessment and determining controls
- Session 5 : Legal and other requirements
- Session 6: Objective and programme(s)
- Workshop 5 Finding objective and programmes
- Session 7: Resources, roles, responsibility, accountability and authority
- Session 8: Competence, training, awareness
- Workshop 6 Finding training needs and topic trainings
- Session 9 : Communicaton, participation and consultation
- Workshop 7 Internal and external communication
- Session 10: Documentation and control of documents
- Workshop 8: Finding documentation and records
- Session 11: Operational Control
- Session 12: Emergency preparedness and response
- Workshop 9 Finding potential risk and establish emergency response
- Session 13: Performance measurement and monitoring
- Session 14: Insident investigation, nonconformity, corrective action and preventive Action
- Workshop 10 Finding non conformity and writ out corrective action and preventive action
- Session 15: Internal audit
- Workshop 11 Finding Clauses, select nonconformities and write out finding statements
- Session 16: Management Review
The training modules are highly interactive and include question and answer sessions, experience sharing, and exercises.
Bambang Pamudji, Former Senior Health and Safety staff of PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja (Urea Fertilizer Manufacturer) Palembang .Born in Pasuruan East Java, 14 March 1950. He was B.Sc in Public Health from APK Surabaya 1971 and graduate from Economic Management Sriwidjaja University 1996. Having certificates in Health, Safety, and Environment from Depnakertrans/ Institutions and Universities in Indonesia, institutions and Universities in UK, and National Safety Council. Experienced in setting up Health and Safety Management System documentation and its application. Experienced internal lead auditor SMK3 in PT. Pupuk Sriwidjaja, and External lead auditor SMK3 for Indonesian Association Fertilizer Producer. Guess speaker and facilitator in various National Health and Safety seminar or courses.
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
Documentation & Dress Code
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment byOur Partner.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
- Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Interactive presentation with discussion
- Convenient training facilities with five star quality
- Lunch per day
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Local drop and pick up for arrival and departure between airport to hotel.
- Half day city tour at the end of training session following by dinner with entertainment (Optional)
- Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
USD 917,-/ Person, discount 10 % if register three or more persons from one company.
Registration deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 3 (three) participants (Minimum)